Wednesday, November 2, 2011

unexpected notes

So I've seen it done before on people's facebook status's to post each day something that they are thankful for throughout the month of November in honor of Thanksgiving.  I have decided to blog about mine.

I've been dating my boyfriend Clifton now for just over a year and when we first became a couple we use to leave each other notes all the time, all over the place!  It was sort of like a game in many ways.  Where will my note be today?  What will it say?  It was something to look forward to at the end of a hard day.  My favorite is when I would travel for work (mostly) he would sneak notes into my suitcase!  There's nothing like being away from some one for several days and in the middle of the trip you come across a sweet little note in your running shoe. 
In the past few months we've gotten away from these regular notes.  Please note that I've said "we've" because it's been both of us.  There have been soooo many things to happen in the past few months (surprise birthday party, 3 weddings, baby showers, mini trips. moving into a new apartment, work trips, schedule overloads, etc., etc.).  It's so funny how life goes, everything happens at the same time.  So basically what I'm saying "life" happened and taking the time out to write those little notes got away from both of us.
It seems though that we're coming to a point where "life" is starting to slow down a little (please, please, please be true) which is a nice change of pace.
So yesterday I got home and there stuck to our kitchen counter was a post-it note with a sweet little note written on it from Clifton.  I could have been having the worst day of my life (which I wasn't, thankfully) and that note would have made it the best day!  So for my first day in November, I'm grateful for unexpected notes.  Here's hoping you get one too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment