Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"This one's on the store"

I went to Starbucks to get myself a tall Pumpkin Spice latte, I figure I better get it in before it goes away, seems the pumpkin flavored items are starting to dwindle.
Side Bar - Just because October and Halloween are over does not mean the Pumpkin flavored goodness out there should be too.  These things should remain until at least Christmas, hello Pumpkin pie is a common holiday dessert is it not!?!
Ok, I'm back. 
When I got in line there were two ladies ahead of me chatting with each other waiting on their coffees to be made.  After they were handed their coffees they went to pay.  I thought they were paying with a gift card and it wasn't reading it correctly.  So the ladies told the cashier they were sitting down to enjoy their coffee that they would pay before they left.  The cashier then asked me what I wanted as she started to make mine, two Target employees stepped in line behind me.  After my latte was made I went to pay however come to find out it wasn't a gift card issue it was a computer/register issue.  She said her computer needed to reboot, so I said I would wait.  She then proceeded to retrieve the coffees for the Target employees.  While I was standing there waiting I thought I have 5 dollars I'll just give her that and what ever is left she can put towards another customers coffee (there was no tip jar or I would have just left it as a tip).  As I went up to the counter to tell her this the other employees along with her said "No, this one's on the store."  we went back and forth for a minute and then I just said "you turned that one around on me but Thank you very much." 
Today I'm thankful for my free latte and for people like those 3 employees who did a "random act of human kindness" as I like to call it.  No matter how big or small it's always nice to receive a random act of human kindness from someone, it's even better to give one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment