Friday, November 18, 2011

Customer service isn't dead

I NEVER wore make-up in high school, anyone who went to school with me can attest to this.  I didn't get into wearing make-up probably until my sophomore year of college.  However, eventually I did and about 2+ years ago I came across bare escentuals, bare mineral product.  I had heard some great reviews about it and they had a great starter kit.  I was sick of liquid foundation and ready for a change so I bought it.  That purchase will go down in history as one of the best ones ever made!  I fell in love with it immediately, even introduced a couple people to it!  The product is a bit pricey BUT lasts a LONG time and does NOT EXPIRE!  Who could ask for more!?!  

I don't need product often but I don't always realize when I'm running low and finding a near by bare escentuals boutique is not easy.  My other options are Ulta or Sephora but they don't have the selection a boutique does.  So yesterday knowing Clifton and I had mall errands to run I asked if we could make a trip to the North Park mall instead of the one literally less then a mile from our apartment and he said "yes!"  So off we went.  My first stop was bare escentuals and luck would have it, it was right there when we walked into the mall!  I should have known that was a good sign.  So I went straight to the store while Clifton got us some coffees.  I was immediately greeted and asked if I needed help and I went right into it..."Yes, I need foundation, but a lighter color then I have, I need mineral vail and a new blush, please!"  She was like of course let's see what color foundation will work best for you so she had me sit down and she washed my face, applied 3 foundations to pick from.  Then she washed them off, applied a new layer of the foundation I had chosen and then it was on to blushes.  I was unsure at first about the one she put on me so we tried a second one but turns out she knows her stuff cause I went with the first one.  She was so nice and so patient with me.  Then as I was checking out she said I got a free make-up bag and I got to choose a free gift.  I picked a card and I got a free full size eye liner!  I was so excited!

That little trip made my night!  That's what I call good customer service (even without the goodies)!  So I'm grateful for employees like that who take care of you and for surprise goodies, it's nice to get free things once in a while, even nicer when they're things you'll use!

If you haven't tried or don't own Bare Escentuals, Bare Minerals I highly recommend it!

http://www.bareescentuals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment