Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Siblings

Carrie - My older sister. I've always looked up to her!  She inspires me daily.  She reminds me of my grandma Myers.  She's book smart and common sense smart.  In my eyes she's beautiful, talented, strong and can do anything!  This is no lie that's exactly how I see her.  Over the past couple years her and I have grown closer and I'm so grateful for that.


Eric - my older brother, my twin born two years earlier then me...haha.  Growing up him and I were inseparable and forced together.  We had a falling out for some years but then came together again.  I remember him and Crystal drove 6 hours to surprise me for my 21st birthday, I'll never forget that!  We don't talk now as much as I'd like but he's my brother and was there for me when I needed him most last year, even though he probably doesn't even know it.


Amber - the youngest, the baby of the family.  She's like this combination of us mixed with her own uniqueness, it's amazing to see.  She's unbelievably compassionate with the biggest heart and although she hates school she's really good at it.  To have watched her grow up I would say is similar to watching your child grow up, it's scary, surprising, stressful, exciting and amazing all at once.  She amazes me constantly with her "wise beyond her years" moments.  I'm so very proud of her and look forward to her future!


Crystal - She's not my sister by blood but my sister just the same.  Carrie and Crystal were best friends when they were younger but Crystal became a "Myers" along the way.  Crystal is one of the most selfless people I have ever met.  She has taught me so many things.  I don't get to see her as much as I'd like and I miss her often.


Jay - Carrie and Jay have been dating for way over 10 years ( I always say over 10 because I've lost count).  I remember when Carrie first told me she had a boyfriend and me being the "nosy" sister that I am I grilled him to the point of asking him what shampoo and toothpaste he used (these are important things to know about your sisters boyfriend).  Jay is a unique person (the best kind), he challenges what you think but in a curious manner, he gets giddy like a kid over certain things and he treats my sister like the Goddess she is and that is what really matters.  My sister and Jay aren't married but he's my brother just the same.  I'm hoping one day I'll be able to plan their Harry Potter themed wedding.


Abbey - My new sister-in-law.  If I could only tell you how glad I am that her and Eric found each other, how grateful I am that she put up with my brother.  Hopefully she doesn't take offense to this but I feel like she fits in so well into our family, that she was one of the missing pieces.  Her and Amber have grown close and I can't tell you how much that means to me and how happy that makes me.  She's an amazing person, I admire her "go with the flow" attitude and goofiness.
 

Tasha - My cousin, my sister.  We both know we're more then sisters.  We don't talk as much as I'd like but I think of her constantly.  I think she's an amazing mom!  I wish she could see how beautiful she is on the inside and out.  Her mom would be so proud of her, I know I am! 



I'm so grateful for my siblings they are all unique and amazing in their own way!

No comments:

Post a Comment