Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My dad called me yesterday



Anyone who knows me pretty well, knows that I have one hero in my life and I call him dad.  My dad hasn't served in any wars (well to an extreme extent), he hasn't survived cancer (cause he doesn't have it and Thank You God for that, let's keep it that way) he isn't a fireman, policeman, or doctor he's just a simple guy who is extraordinary! 
My parents separated when I was 11 or 12 and the first year of the separation we lived with my mom, however she moved to an apartment outside our school district so my dad would get up at 5 a.m. or earlier for all I know, drive to pick us up at our mom's and drive us back to his house to catch the bus, he did this every day for an entire school year!  Following that year we moved in with him and he in my eyes has made the ultimate sacrifice for his kids!  He has selfishly put aside any of his wants/needs and made us number one!  I can't imagine what it was like for him to have to make the sacrifices he did or the things we put him through.  I know I personally have put him through a lot, a few upset phone calls following car accidents, breaking my glasses days after he bought me knew ones (this happened multiple times), asking him to go to the store to buy me tampons (yup), the list goes on!
I could talk about my dad all day and if you'd ever like to know more about him just ask!  Don't be surprised if I get a little misty though talking about him because I got misty just typing this out.  He's an amazing person and I feel like the luckiest girl that he's my dad!  I look forward to spending every minute possible with him when I get to see him which isn't as often as I would like.  So right now it's mostly through phone calls that we "visit."  My dad called me yesterday just to say hi and see how things are going.  He does that every few days or I'll call him, that's the way it's always been with us and I'm grateful for that but mostly I'm just grateful for him!  

Eric, Me, My hero, Amber, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment