Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Flexibility

We rented Horrible Bosses this weekend.  If you haven't seen it there's this part where the guy is getting yelled at by his boss for being 2 minutes late, yes two minutes.   While I was watching this, I thought to myself "Wow, I'm so glad my boss isn't like that!"  I'm pretty lucky when it comes to my work schedule.  I used to be a sales representative and with that your schedule is a lot more flexible and you in a way make your own schedule.  When I was promoted to the Retail Operations Analyst it meant that I would work out of our Region office, mostly working a 8-5 gig.  I recall my first year with the company, I was almost always the first one in and last one out.  I didn't know how things worked and I didn't want to make a bad impression.  We don't clock in or anything, but you never know who's "watching."  I've been working out of the office now for just over 2 years and you come to find out that our schedule has some flexibility. 

Most days of the week I'll come in about 7:30 and I won't take a lunch, unless I have errands to run.  I asked my boss a few weeks back if it would be ok that a few days a week I leave about 20 minutes early so that I could get a run in outside before it gets too dark.  He replied with "yeah, that's fine."  So I'm grateful that I am allowed to make adjustments to my schedule to better fit my needs.  Not many people are lucky enough to have this.  I'm not only grateful for that but for a boss who treats me well and a job that I enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment